Another fun infographic!
Lots of good advice. My favorite bits:
- Drink water.
- Sleep lots. (A personal favorite activity of mine).
- Focus on compound exercises like squats and deadlifts.
- No gym? Pick up rocks and logs and kegs.
- Planche progressions and handstand pushups, YES!
- Ground beef, eggs and tuna for building muscle.
- Cottage cheese, fruits, fish, beans, dark chocolate (YES!), coconuts, almonds, pecans.
- Eat clean: Eliminate soda, fast food, and junk food.
- Starting Strength program.
Some of the advice I don’t like so much:
- 45-60 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week for weight loss. Correct, but inefficient.
- Cushioned shoes reduce impact. False. Padded shoes promote heels strikes, which generate significant amounts of impact. So says Harvard.
- Buy new shoes to increase workout motivation. Uh… That’s just bad advice. Workout first, then reward yourself with new shoes.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training. Great exercise method, but again, excessive use can lead to injuries.
An infographic like this isn’t – and isn’t intended to be – a comprehensive guide to fitness. That being said… It’s pretty awesome.
Via the Greatist